Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Never Ending Shooty-Thing (Already completed)

This was originally coded to help me learn AS3.
It was made over 4-5 days.
The game is pretty much one map
where little red guys with guns keep
spawning into the room. A maximum
of 15 red guys can be in the room at
once. You have a pistol that has
infinite ammo and can collect grenades
which you can throw and they shoot out a small wave of
bullets going in all directions. You have 5 lives and
continue playing until your lives are used up then you
can submit a highscore (thanks to Mochimedia highscore
tables; which I also used in Raccoon Crisis).

This game didn't really get high ratings, but alot of people
enjoyed playing it... I presume this was because it was
quite easy to play and really easy to get a highscore.

It had a somewhat stable engine, the only flaw being a glitch
caused by me not coding that the amount of red guys in the
room is reset once you die meaning if you try to replay after
dying nothing spawns... yeah; a pretty big glitch actually.

The sprites were made using a laser mouse because I had
left my tablet at my brothers, the background was an old
painting I did (an oil painting called "the most frustrated state
of calm", the first painting I ever sold) and the music was
something I composed for an animation for Uni.

Overall it was nothing amazing, but it's a fun li'l time waster
and was a great way to teach myself AS3.

Never Ending Shooty-Thing (or NEST) can be played here:
Play Never Ending Shooty-Thing on NewGrounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment