Monday, July 4, 2011

New project: Short tales of a tall man

This is a screenshot of a graphics test I just did... I'm considering using a heavily modified version of my GFPS engine for this new game; "Shorts tales of a tall man"... well... that's not the title of the new project, but I am hoping to make a series of games based around the "slender man mythos" (quite interesting stuff, look it up)... This screenshot was just of me raising the resolutions for entity displays and wall testures... it seems to still run fine. The game itself WILL NOT be a first-person-shooter... It will remain first person, but be more like a first person adventure mixed with a visual novel... No guns will be in the game.

The graphics here are also no representation of the game in its final state.... I'm going to be trying to add 3d model loading to the 3d engine so rooms will be decorated with furnature, outside there will be trees and so on... The basis of the engine will be still tile based, but with some additions to make it seem less "boxes and sprites"... Mouse looking will probably be switchable so the mouse can also be used to interact with the world.

This was just a quick concept sketch of "the slender man" I did... I'm still not sure what look I'm going for yet though... My girlfriend is going to also be contributing to the project in a design and probably story context, so hopefully this will make it more interesting that what I'd probably do by myself...

I've just decided on starting the project today, so it will be quite a while to any of the games are finished... engine rewrites will probably take a while... but there should be updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment